2. Purpose of Use
This website is offered for the convenience of users, and shall be used at their sole responsibility and only for non-commercial purposes.
3. Copyrights and Trademarks
The information and images, etc. on this website are protected by copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights held or managed by the Company. Users shall comply with any and all laws and regulations with regard to copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights when using this website. The reproduction, reuse, sale or otherwise in any manner of any information or images, etc. provided on this website is strictly prohibited without the authorization of the copyright owners.
This website provides links to other sites that are not managed by the Company. The Company does not make any guarantee with respect to the content of such websites. When using such websites, users shall comply with the terms and conditions thereof.
In addition, users are asked to obtain the Company's prior approval in order to add a link to the Company's website on any website that is not managed by the Company.
5. Protection of Personal Information
- (1)The Company exercises due care in offering the Services, but does not guarantee the quality of the Services in terms of compliance, integrity, accuracy, security, legality, up-to-dateness or any other aspect of information.
- (2)The Company assumes no responsibility for any loss arising out of or in connection with the use or inability to use the Services, except where such loss is attributable to the Company's intentional act or gross negligence.
- (3)The Company assumes no responsibility for any and all losses resulting from any software or hardware accident arising out of or in connection with the use of this website, failure of the communication environment, trouble arising between a user and a third party or other incidents, etc.
- (4)The Company may change or terminate the content of the Services, or suspend or shut off the Services, in whole or in part, without any notice. In such case, the Company assumes no responsibility for any loss suffered by users as a result of the change to or termination of the content of the Services, or the suspension or shut-off of the Services.
7. Forward-Looking Information, etc.
Nothing on this website was created to solicit the users of this website to buy or sell the Company's stock or bonds. The final decision and responsibility with respect to investments rests solely with the users of this website and its content. Furthermore, statements made on this website with respect to the Company's plans, forecasts and so on that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements based on the assumptions and beliefs of the Company at the time of disclosure. The Company cautions that a number of important risks and uncertainties could cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements, and therefore, the users of this website should not place undue reliance on the information presented on this website. The Company disclaims any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, changes in assumptions or otherwise.
9. Web Beacon
This website uses traffic analysis tools that use web beacons to facilitate the use of the content on this website by users. However, no personal information concerning users is acquired through the use of web beacons.
This site adopts Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology with respect to personal information. With SSL, the information is transmitted to the registered computer through the network after being encrypted on the personal computers of users.
11. Governing Law/Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by the laws of Japan. All disputes arising out of or in relation to this website and these Terms shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court in the first instance.
Sojitz Corporation (the "Company") manages social media (SNS) based on the following policies.
1. The Company's basic policy on the use of social media
The Company will conduct promotions, communication activities, announcements and public relations activities, etc. using various social media with the aim of building better relationships with customers and those who participate in social media outlets.
The Company will use social media after fully recognizing and being aware of the influence that disseminating information via social media has.
2. Disclaimers (to customers and social media users)
Please be aware that the information delivered by the Company via its official accounts does not necessarily constitute the Company's official announcement or view.
The Company pays full attention to the accuracy of the information disclosed through its official accounts, but makes no warranty as to its accuracy. Please be aware that the Company may make corrections to the content of such information at a later date. Further, the Company can accept no responsibility or liability for any trouble or damage arising from a user's use or the unavailability of an official account of the Company, such as the use of the content disseminated by the Company via its official account or a website linked therefrom.
Users should "reply to," "retweet" or otherwise "post comments on" the Company's official accounts at their own responsibility. The Company assumes no responsibility for any trouble or dispute among users or between a user and a third party that may arise in connection with postings on the Company's official accounts by users or otherwise in relation to its official accounts.
Users should note the following points when using the Company's official accounts. The Company assumes no responsibility for any damage suffered by a user as a result of a violation of the precautions set forth below:
- ・Take responsibility for saving the data/text, etc. you created;
- ・Protect your password from becoming known by a third party; and
- ・Do not infringe any copyright, portrait right or right to privacy, etc. of another user, third party or the Company.
4. Deletion of user postings
The Company values communications with users, and will not delete their postings thoughtlessly. The Company may, however, delete posted information or content, etc., block access to its official accounts and take other necessary measures without any prior notice to a user if the user makes any posting that includes expressions of the following nature.
When using the Company's official accounts, users must not post any of the content listed below. The Company assumes no responsibility for any damage suffered by a user as a result of the user's posting of any of the following content:
- ・Content that is intended to cause or induces a crime;
- ・Content that infringes a copyright, trademark or other rights of the Company or a third party;
- ・Content pertaining to the privacy of a third party;
- ・Content that violates laws, regulations or public order and morals;
- ・Content that insults any specific individuals, including the Company, corporations, countries or communities;
- ・Content that insults any product or service of the Company or a third party;
- ・Content that introduces or advertises a user's own product, store or company or other commercial content;
- ・Inappropriate content that contains obscene expressions, etc.;
- ・Content that causes or may cause any disadvantage or damage to the Company or a third party; or
- ・Any other content deemed inappropriate by the Company in light of the purpose of its official accounts.
Users are prohibited from engaging in any of the following acts when using the Company's official accounts. In the event that a user has engaged in any of the prohibited matters listed below, the Company may take necessary measures, including, but not limited to, deleting postings/comments, blocking or deleting accounts or otherwise transmitting messages. In addition, if a user causes damage to the Company in violation of this Paragraph, the Company may seek damages from such user:
- ・Impersonating any third party, including the Company;
- ・Political activities, political campaigning or religious activities;
- ・Posting or transmitting a harmful computer program, etc.;
- ・Reproducing, selling, publishing or otherwise using the information obtained through the Company's official accounts beyond the scope of private use;
- ・Interfering with the operation of the Company's official accounts, or acting in a way that causes, or may cause, any disadvantage or damage to a third party, including the Company;
- ・Obstructing other users' use or access;
- ・Attempting to gain unauthorized access to the Company's networks through password mining, hacking or other means;
- ・Uploading or otherwise transmitting, in any form, any content that a user does not have the authority to release according to laws or a fiduciary or contractual relationship; or
- ・Other acts deemed equivalent to the foregoing by the Company.
6. Copyrights, etc. in and to postings
The copyrights, etc. in and to a posting belong to the user who made such posting, but the user shall, by making such posting, be deemed to have granted to the Company a worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive right to use (including processing, making extracts of, reproducing, publishing and translating, etc.) such posted content, and to have agreed not to exercise any copyrights or an author's moral rights, etc. against the Company.
Please note that, in principle, the Company does not respond to any individual comments or questions made via "reply" or "comment" or the like on the Company's official accounts. If you have any inquiries concerning the Company, please use the inquiry form on the Company's website.